Body Types & Flattering Styles
Tips for Tapering
Despite what you may have heard on TV makeover shows, tapering is an almost sure-fire way to make you figure look more sleek and trim. This optical illusion will help you understand exactly why …Read More
Do Nude Hose Make Me Look Fat?
From the book “100 Ways to Look Fat” – Baloney Concept #11 – Nude hose make you look fat. Hardly! Some women love their panty hose; others hate them. And there is a big push by a few New York designers to declare them hopelessly old-lady. Their comfort and fashion merits are topics for another…Read More
Do Capris & Shorts Make Me Look Fat?
From the book “100 Ways to Look Fat” – Baloney Concept #3 – “Capris and longer shorts make you look fat.” NOT NECESSARILY!Read More
Do Knit Jackets Make Me Look Fat?
From the list of 100 Ways to Look Fat: Baloney Concept #9 – Knit Jackets make you look fat. What does that even mean?? There are so many different knit fabrics and so many different jackets made from them that you can’t make any general statement that includes all of them. So let’s explore the two…Read More
Do Jumpsuits Make Me Look Fat?
From the list of 100 Ways to Look Fat: Baloney Concept #7 – Jumpsuits make you look fat. That’s nuts! A jumpsuit may or may not be your look. Don’t write it off if you haven’t tried one. And certainly don’t say “NO” just because somebody told you it will make you look fat.Read More
Look Taller & Sleeker: Emphasize Your Shoulders
Another Instant Update for your wardrobe is to emphasize and enhance your shoulders! REALLY! Don’t tune me out here. Women complain to me all the time about their huge shoulders … but 99% of those complaints are simply WRONG. (The other 1% are right about having strong shoulders, but mistaken that it’s a liability.) A…Read More
Dressing 2″ Taller & Sleeker
If your “get ready for summer” diet hasn’t quite gotten you to your ideal weight yet – take heart. This week’s lesson will show you simple dressing tricks to make you look at least 10 pounds thinner … instantly. Most of these tricks apply to all the body types, so whether you’re an hourglass, triangle, rectangle,…Read More