American Sewing Guild Programs
SEW STYLISH - Look Like a Million in Clothes You Sew
Why look "loving hands at home" ... when you can easily look "custom couture"?
Nothing is more frustrating! Gorgeous fabric, a stunning pattern choice, meticulous workmanship & and a finished garment that makes you look and feel frumpy.
A seminar with Nancy Nix-Rice can teach you to know -- before you sew -- exactly which styles, fabrics and details will make you look and feel like a million.
Each participant will learn:
- How "points of connection" make any woman look and feel beautiful
- How to identify her personal key neutral (clue: it's probably NOT black)
- How to classify her coloring as warm or cool & or something in between.
- Accent colors that make her look glowing and healthy.
- 4 body classification and key styles to flatter each unique figure type.
- Solutions to banish the 8 common figure challenges
- The (almost) universal secret to looking instantly taller, thinner and more proportional.
- 8 strategies to appear 10 pounds thinner without losing an ounce.
- Undercover secrets to strip away years and pounds.
- Fine points of fit to make her clothes look more expensive.
- How to balance her facial shape to an ideal oval.
- How facial structure dictates design details and accessory shapes.
- Accessory selection – the ideal shoes, belts and handbags to finish a look.
- The magic of accessory “links” to multiply mix-match wardrobe options.
- Purging her closet – deciding what goes, what stays.
- Surprising updates to give questionable garments new life.
- 10 organizing tricks to make her closet user-friendly.
- The 4 key pieces that can triple the versatility of her wardrobe.
- 6 secrets to pain-free shopping, and much more...
How your ASG chapter will benefit:
Sewers who love to wear what they make are more likely to stay active and involved.
Your crafts and home dec sewers can apply the information to clothes they buy.
Even non-sewers can use Nancy’s information, so the event is a great outreach and fund-raising opportunity.
This universal topic is a magnet for media attention – a great publicity opportunity for your chapter.
Read comments from Guild groups who have sponsored Nancy's programs.